I had one of those long, meandering and slightly strange conversations that you can only really have with Mr Hilarious with Mr Hilarious last night. We started with sweaty backsides* and moved through ping-pong**, fish and chip shops***, Routemaster buses and Monk**** before arriving at the conclusion that WeeGee is probably an alien*****
So there’s this episode of Monk – Mr Monk and the UFO. It’s funny. You should watch it. There are aliens (kinda) and undertones that Mr Monk might actually be an alien because he is such an oddity of a human being. As you know, I’m a bit of an oddity of a human being too, which led Mr Hilarious to wonder if I might actually be an alien disguised as a human….. It made sense at the time, but I’m a little less convinced now.
Anyway – there are lots of things that I just don’t understand about being a human person. Feelings for example, or why people carry on being alive when there isn’t much of a point to it, or why they eat mushrooms . I seem to spend a lot of my time trying to work out how to understand things that I don’t understand and I’m telling you this because I am about to accept an award and tell you seven things that I don’t understand. I agree that I’ve gone about it in a rather convoluted way but hey ho, there you go. We got there in the end.
The award is the ‘Sisterhood of the world of bloggers’ Sounds a bit grand doesn’t it?
Here are the rules:
- Thank the giver.
- Post seven things about yourself.
- Pass the award on to seven other bloggers and let them know they’ve been nominated.
- Include the logo of the award in a post or on your blog
So without further ado here is my acceptance…..
The very incredibly wonderful Sailor nominated me for this award. Do read her acceptance post – it’s very incredibly wonderful and hilarious and it has left me with a rather irritating ear worm. Thanking you muchly lovely Sailor (not for the earworm part though). I like that you nominated me for this one in particular because sometimes when I read your posts I wonder how you managed to get into my head and say everything that is in there. You’re a bit like a blogging sister to me – a super cool big sister with tattoos and everything. Ahhh. (Touching moment over. Sorry about that.)
Oh. I nearly forgot the logo. Ta da:
And here, for your reading enjoyment, are seven things that WeeGee doesn’t understand.
1. I don’t understand cricket. It’s not so much the rules that bother me although I don’t really understand them either. NO, the thing that I don’t get about cricket is the fact that you can play this game for days and days and days at a time and then still end up calling it a draw. How is that a game? I suggest that it is an exercise in futility and folly and vote we abolish it in favour of something more interesting (but not kicky ball. I understand kicky ball and I still think it’s stupid)
2. I don’t understand morning people. Why. Would. You. Get. Up. Earlier. Than. You. Have. To. Well – why??
3. I don’t understand time zones. Actually I’ll change that slightly. I don’t understand time in general. Time is something that you can’t spend too long thinking about unless you want your brain to explode which is why watching Dr Who is such a dangerous pastime in WeeGee land. I know that humans invented ‘time’, but I just don’t think we have the mental capacity to actually understand it, unless you are Brian Cox and even he probably doesn’t understand time, not really.
You’ll notice I didn’t really explain why I don’t understand time. That’s because I don’t want my brain to explode. Especially not today when it’s being so well behaved.
4. I don’t understand feelings. Feelings are even more complicated than time. And that’s all I’m willing to say about that one.
5. I don’t understand Gryff. Gryff is my cat. He’s an odd little creature who is completely inexplicable most of the time. Why will he drink water from any vessel that isn’t a water dish? Why is he afraid of carrier bags? Why won’t he go into the kitchen when the mat isn’t there? Why does he love playing with dried spaghetti? How does he know I’ve got spaghetti even if I get it out of the packet silently? Why does he trust me and no-one else? These are just some of the mysteries of Gryff. I discover new ones almost every day.
6. I don’t understand my brain. Obvoiusly.
7. Finally, I don’t understand the weather at the moment. What’s going on? It’s all apocalyptic again. Seriously – it’s summer….. I think we might have broken the weather you know.
Okay so now I have to nominate some people. I’m assuming from the title of the award that it has to be female lady people… The people I’ve picked are people who, after reading their blogs, I have concluded are of the female persuasion. There’s an outside chance I’ve jumped to conclusions and got it horribly wrong. If I nominated you and you are in fact a male boy person instead of a female lady person: I am mortified. I hope no offence was caused!
Here are the brilliant blogs I would like to nominate (in no order whatsoever, well actually they are in an order, it’s a random one):
Lots of love from WeeGee xx
*Which wasn’t quite as bad as it sounds because we were talking about the cycle road race
**Which apparently you have to call table tennis not ping-pong
***We couldn’t think of one in Kingston which is remarkable really
****I can always turn a conversation to Monk
*****Don’t worry – I’m just getting the asterisks in early today