It all started with a rather hilarious evening with Mrs Sparkle. Between us we had a super duper girly evening and made every effort possible to put the world to rights. We had a good old chit chat about how different WeeGee is when she’s not off her rocker, and how much of a ginormous arsehole Mrs Sparkles ex husband actually is and how James Arthur is NOT appropriate crush material We also came up with a famed WeeGee list containing the things that WeeGee is, and isn’t looking for in a man:
Things WeeGee is definitely not looking for in a man
- Height (I’m quite small enough without people looking down their noses at me thank you very much)
- A ridiculous online user name (because a ridiculous online user name is the virtual equivalent of a ‘novelty tie’)
- A desire to fix WeeGee (because of that thing I have about being independent)
- A desire to ‘need’ WeeGee (because of that same thing I have about being independent)
- An unhealthy relationship with a football team (been there, done that – it’s boring)
Things WeeGee is definitely looking for in a man
- A kind heart
- Hilarious jokes (hilarity in general will suffice)
- A healthy dose of cheeky
- A fantabulous hug
- A small hint of geekiness
He’s out there somewhere, right?
And then I went to bed and discovered that I was having my first major bout of insomnia for as long as I can remember. You forget how rubbish insomnia is way too quickly. It’s piggin’ awful to be awake when the only thing in the world you want to be is ASLEEP. It’s equally awful when you remember that the only thing insomnia is good for is stirring up all the crap that you thought you had left behind. ROAR.
Anyway – the upshot of insomnia is that I’ve been having a hide today. It was only a small hide, and on reflection I think it was long overdue because there were one or two things that I needed to figure out and sometimes you can only figure things out if you pretend the world isn’t actually happening round you…..
I’ve pretty much figured it all out, but for tonight I just wanted to admit that a hide had occurred. Not only that – I have survived it and reached the conclusion that it’s perfectly NORMAL to have a bad day, where you mostly want to keep yourself to yourself and that you can do that without doing a quick recce of the light fittings.
Meanwhile in other news today I heard the best chat up line in the world EVER….. ‘is it acceptable to use a semi-colon after a question mark?’ Be still my beating heart! Nothing else to report today save that I went for a run this morning despite the self imposed running ban and it was pretty damn fine.
Lots of love from WeeeeeeeGeeeeeee xoxoxoxo