Just a quick, bullet-pointy update because my brain is frazzled and my heart is too full…..
- Gryff is HOME.
- Hip, hip and double hurrah.
Boring cat lady summary of how the shit went down
- Monday: Gryff goes to see the vet because he is a bit under the weather
- Tuesday: Gryff is diagnosed with diabetes and simultaneously goes on hunger strike. This is not a good thing.
- Wednesday: Gryff develops ketoacidosis (I’d never heard of it – but it’s SERIOUS) and is admitted to the veterinary hospital where he is angry and growls a lot. WeeGee and Mr Awesome Thing Number Five prepare themselves for something I’d rather not mention.
- Thursday: Gryff continues to be seriously ill and simultaneously ‘reaches the limit of his patience’ with the hospital staff because he doesn’t understand they are only trying to make him better. He does, however, agree to eat which is actually the best thing he can do
- Friday: Gryff receives visitors, is grumpy but purrs a lot and promises to be good. Gryff is subsequently ‘quite good’ and let’s the nice hospital staff do what they need to do to make him well enough to come home. (The fact that they discovered a treat he likes may, or may not, have something to do with this change in attitude.)
- Saturday: Gryff has an excellent night and manages a zero ketone and zero potassium reading in the morning. Bingo! WeeGee and Awesome Thing Mr Five return home with a cat who is very nearly back to his usual self, a shit-load of medication, and a growing sense of trepidation about the prospect of injecting a non-compliant cat on a twice daily basis. Shit.
BTW – He is very happy to be home:
And life is starting to get back to normal:
The bottom line
- Gryff is HOME
- Hip, hip and double hurrah
I’ll write again soon, once my head has slowed down but in the meantime – I love you all lots. Like lots and lots of Jelly Tots.